What are Digital Leaders?
Digital Leaders are pupil leaders of technology and e-safety ambassadors within Greenways school. They are children who are interested and enthusiastic about using technology, with a willingness to learn and share.
We are proud to have a group of 11 conscientious pupils from Year 3 and 4, who have been selected through an application process.
What have we been up to?
- In the Autumn term, the Digital Leaders underwent through Childnet’s rigorous training program using an online learning platform.
- During the Spring term, the Digital Leaders teamed with the Drama club created a play about gaming consent. They wrote their own scripts and supported in direction.
- The children hosted an E-safety assembly for Year 3 and 4 and presented their play.
- In the Summer term, the Digital Leaders have been researching cyberbullying and created their own Edmodo page. They learned how easy it is for people to write comments and believe there are no consequences.
- The children have filmed a guidance video to be shared with children and parents. They have included information from their research.
The Future of Digital Leaders for 2019 – 2020
- The current Digital Leaders will promote and advertise the role for upcoming and ambitious candidates through assemblies and promotions.
- The Digital Leaders will review the applications and identify budding hopefuls.
- We will say goodbye to our then Year 5 leaders.
- Year 4’s will support the training of the new Year 3 and 4 leaders and undertake new projects.