EY/Reception - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also.....
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Log into PhonicsPlay and practise your Phase 2 and Phase 3 sounds. There are some great games that you can play.
- Have a look on the White Rose Maths website for some fun activities.
- You can look through your Tapestry Journal and talk about things we have done at school together and some of your great achievements.
- Have a look at the common exception words (words that are tricky and cannot be decoded) for Early Years - You can play games to support beginning to read and write these words.
- Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs.
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset then there are people you can talk to and some wonderful resources to help you.
Our Worry Box has now been closed for the Summer Holidays but we have compiled some links and techniques to help you cope with any emotions you are struggling with.
Online Safety Tasks
You could have a look at our new online safety focus for the week.
This week the online safety focus is all about differences.
Watch the video here to find out about what we can do to make the internet a kinder place for everyone.
Week beginning 13th July 2020
This week we have an art project for you to do that is all about animals! You can find the art project here. We would like you to share your work on twitter for us to see and save your art work to create an animal themed display when we return to school in September.
Look out for a video from Early Years teachers this week to give you some more details!
We also have an exciting project all about transition into Year 1 which you can find here.
Look out for a video from Early Years teachers this week with some more details.
We have loved seeing your project work being shared on Tapestry or on twitter using @GreenwaysPri and #LIHTlearningchallenge
Feel free to have a go at more activities this week - you can find a digital copy of the previous projects in the "Previous projects" folder at the bottom of this page.
Build up your co-ordination with some of these fun workouts from Jack Hartmann. Follow the link here.
You could create your own picture from natural objects you have collected.
Pick your favourite number between 0 and 20.
Can you find your favourite number in your home or around your neighbourhood? Where does it appear?
Can you collect items that have your favourite number on them?
Can you add an amount to your favourite number?
Can you subtract an amount from your favourite number?
What is half of your favourite number?
What is double of your favourite number?
You could use counters or objects to help you.
Summer is here and the best way to spend a summer's day is at the beach.
Can you write down some of the thing you might see on a beach?
You could also write a sentence about your favourite thing to do at the beach.
These projects are designed to take around 5 days.