Year 1 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also.....
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Log into PhonicsPlay and practise your Phase 3 and Phase 5 sounds. There are some great games that you can play.
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set or have a look at White Rose maths and explore some activities you could do.
- Familiarise yourself with the Year 1 statutory spelling list. You may want to select a few words and play some of the spelling games you know from school.
- Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs.
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset then there are people you can talk to and some wonderful resources to help you.
Our Worry Box has now been closed for the Summer Holidays but we have compiled some links and techniques to help you cope with any emotions you are struggling with.
You could have a look at our new online safety focus for the week.
This week the online safety focus is Keeping information safeWho should you trust?
What information should we reveal?
Read about Smartie the Penguin learning to stay safe.
Watch Red and Murphy talk to Smartie the Penguin about keeping your friends safe online here.
Week beginning 13th July 2020
This week we have an art project for you to do that is all about animals! You can find the art project here. We would like you to share your work on twitter for us to see and save your art work to create an animal themed display when we return to school in September.
Look out for videos from Year 1 teachers this week to give you some more details!
We also have an exciting project all about transition into Year 2 which you can find here.
Look out for a video from Year 1 teachers this week with some more details.
Feel free to have a go at more activities this week - you can find a digital copy of the previous projects in the "Previous projects" folder at the bottom of this page.
We have loved seeing your project work being shared on twitter using @GreenwaysPri and #LIHTlearningchallenge
These projects are designed to take around 5 days.