Year 1 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Monday 30th March 2020
Your tasks for this week:
This week in science you can explore the different materials found around your home.
You could also try these fun activities:
- Draw a picture of your home and add some labels to show the different materials it is made out of!
- Go on a 'material hunt!' All you need is a piece of paper and divide it into 4 sections labelled wood, plastic, metal and fabric. Walk around your home/garden and draw and label the objects in the correct section.
- Play a sorting game. Ask your parent to gather different objects in a box and it is your job to place them in the correct piles for wood, plastic, metal and fabric!
Have fun :)
Your topic based learning project for this week can be found here.
Wednesday 1st April 2020
This term we enjoyed reading books set in the different counties that we're learning about, such as Africa and Australia.
For your English task this week, watch this traditional tale from Nigeria called 'The Strongest Man In The World'.
Once you have watched it - can you act it out?
You can challenge yourself by writing the story in your book. Don't forget to illustrate it with your wonderful drawings!
Wednesday 25th March 2020
- Build up your co-ordination with this fun workout. We often start our day to this to get our body and minds warmed up!
- Today's handwriting challenge is to practise writing ‘Curly Caterpillar’ letters correctly: (c, a, d, g, q, e, s, f, o).
- How many words can you make up using these letters?
- Challenge yourself and turn it into a game by writing a list of as many words as you can in 5 minutes!