Year 2 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also.....
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 2, you should know your 2, 5 and 10 timestables!
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set.
Monday 30th March 2020
This weeks topic based learning project is all about Pirates! Find the information here
Tuesday 31st March 2020
Imagine that you have just walked into your kitchen to find this.
Role play the conversation you might have with the octopus. Role play the telephone call you might have with a friend or family member to tell them what you have found. You can only ask 3 questions to the octopus. What would you ask and why? You decide to let the octopus stay here, but the next morning you come into your kitchen to find it joined by another creature. What might it be? Try to persuade the octopus to leave. Then try to persuade it to stay. Which was easiest? Why? Write the story of how the octopus came to be here, and what happens next. Questions: How did the octopus get here? Why is it wearing a hat? Is it speaking your language? Do you understand what it’s saying? Where did the plants come from?
Thursday 2nd April 2020
Make an octopus using items from round the home. You could make one using an old toilet roll.