Year 3 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also.....
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 2, you should know your 2, 5 and 10 timestables!
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set.
- Access lessons on White Rose Maths.
- Practise any of the spellings from the Year 3 and 4 word list.
Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset, then please let us know what it is. We will read your worries to see if there is anything we can do to help. Click the button below to share your worry with someone at school.
Online Safety Task
Feel free to have a go at these online safety tasks - they will be updated weekly.
Chapter 3 - What should you keep safe?
- After watching the video, you could think:
- What would you not share with strangers in real life? Why? Can you now relate this to online.
- Where can you share information?
- Why are online names important?
Monday 25th May 2020
Our topic based learning this week is all about food. More information can be found here.
Here are this week's spellings, no particular spellings rule:
You could have a go at writing each word out 5 times, using your neatest handwriting. You could use it in an interesting sentence.
You could use your strategy of Look, Cover, Write and Check to see if you have spelt it correctly.
You could also check the meaning in a dictionary to make sure you've used it correctly in the sentence.
Remember that you can share your work on the school Twitter account @GreenwaysPri
Tuesday 26th May 2020
Maths - Time
Have you been thinking about time recently?
You could have look around your home to find various devices to tell the time. What could you use? A phone? A clock?
In year 3, we are looking at analogue clocks - these have hands and faces.
You could make a timetable of your day, drawing the clocks for certain times. Think about:
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- What time is lunch time?
If you have a paper plate you could try making your own clock!
Friday 29th May 2020
Writing - The Robot Maker
You could have a look at this picture and think about:
- What does this robot do?
- Is the man building it or repairing it?
- How does he feel about it? Is this one special?
- Do you think he’s been a robot maker for a long time?
- Is he good at his job?
- What kind of person do you think he is? What are his likes/dislikes? Do you think he prefers to be around people, or be alone?
You could even use this picture to help you to write an interesting story about a robot maker and his robot!
Don't forget to share any work you've done with us on Twitter @GreenwaysPri
Previous Project-Based Learning
You can find all of the previous project-based learning activities here.
These projects are designed to take around 5 days. Some will be revision topics and some will be new learning!