Year 3 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also.....
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 2, you should know your 2, 5 and 10 timestables!
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set.
Monday 30th March 2020
This week's topic-based learning project is all about Electricity. More information can be found here.
This week's spellings focus:
Adding -en to words:
Have a go at writing each word out 5 times, using your neatest handwriting. Use it in an interesting sentence. Use your strategy of Look, Cover, Write and Check to see if you have spelt it correctly. Check the meaning in a dictionary if you have one to make sure that you've used it correctly in the sentence.
Tuesday 31st March 2020
The Woman who Spins at Night
Look at the image and think about:
- Who is this woman?
- What do her clothes tell you about her?
- What is she doing?
- What are the lights?
- Have you ever seen anything like this?
- Is this real or fantasy?
- Why is she doing this?
- Why at night time?
- What do you know about her?
- What is her job?
Write a short story for this picture! Try to use lots of interesting adjectives and descriptive phrases to help a reader visualise your story in your head.
Thursday 2nd April 2020
Art and Design
Create your very own shadow puppets!
On pieces of card or paper, draw the outlines of some people at home. Once you have done this, cut these out and attach them to some sticks. Use a light source to project the shadows onto a sheet or a wall.
Imagine you are on an adventure and act it out.
We look forward to seeing some of these on our Greenways Twitter!
Challenge: Is it possible to add colour to your shadow puppets? Prove it.