Year 4 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also...
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 4, you should know all your timestables up to 12x12.
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set or take a look at the lesson videos on White Rose Maths - Year 4
- Remind yourself of any of the spellings from the year 3 and 4 spelling list.
- Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs.
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset, then please let us know what it is. We will read your worries to see if there is anything we can do to help. Click the button below to share your worry with someone at school.
Online Safety Task
Feel free to have a go at these online safety tasks - they will be updated weekly.
Chapter 3 - What should you keep safe?
After watching the video, think:
-What would you not share with strangers in real life? Why? Can you now relate this to online.
-Where can you share information?
-Why are online names important?
Week beginning 25th May 2020
This week's project is focused around 'Animals'. Animals
We have loved seeing your project work being shared on twitter using @GreenwaysPri and #LIHTlearningchallenge
Tasks linked to Year 4 curriculum
Mass, Volume and Length
We know that to find the perimeter of a shape we have to add up the length of all four sides.
What have Sam and Amira done to find their answers?
How can you show it?
How can your prove it?
How can you explain it?
You might want to measure the perimeter of different things around your house.
What could you use if you do not have a ruler?
Here are this week's spellings!
Words that use ei/eigh/ey
Have a go at writing each word out 5 times, using your neatest handwriting. Use it in an interesting sentence. Use your strategy of Look, Cover, Write and Check to see if you have spelt it correctly. Check the meaning in a dictionary to make sure you've used it correctly in the sentence.
Try to use all of this week's spelling when finishing this week's Pobble story starter!
Previous project learning
- These projects are designed to take around 5 days. Some will be revision topics and some will be new learning!