Year 4 - Learning @ Home
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also...
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 4, you should know all your timestables up to 12x12.
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set or take a look at the lesson videos on White Rose Maths - Year 4
- Remind yourself of any of the spellings from the year 3 and 4 spelling list.
- Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs.
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset then there are people you can talk to and some wonderful resources to help you.
Our Worry Box has now been closed for the Summer Holidays but we have compiled some links and techniques to help you cope with any emotions you are struggling with.
Online Safety Task
Enjoy coding using scratch online!
Week beginning 13th July 2020
This week we have an art project for you to do over the summer holidays! You can find the art project here.
We would like you to share your work on twitter for us to see and save your art work to create a display when we return to school in September.
We also have an exciting project all about transition into Year 5 which you can find here.
Look out for a video from Year 4 teachers this week with some more details.
Feel free to have a go at more of the activities this week - you can find a digital copy of the activity pack in the "Previous projects" folder at the bottom of this page.
We have loved seeing your project work being shared on twitter using @GreenwaysPri and #LIHTlearningchallenge
Tasks linked to Year 4 curriculum
Position and Movement
Can you describe how the triangles move from the outside of the grid to their position in the shape at the bottom left?
Use the vocabulary 'left', 'right', 'up' 'down' 'towards' and 'between'
Have any of the triangles rotated?
You can use this link to find out more about position and movement! https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zy72pv4
Here is a reminder of the year 3 and 4 word list for words you should know how to spell by the end of year 4.
Here is the year 5 and 6 word list - you have two years to learn them. Enjoy!
Please see the writing activities within the project learning.
You could also try to use all of this week's spelling when finishing a Pobble story starter!
Previous project learning
- These projects are designed to take around 5 days. Some will be revision topics and some will be new learning!