YEAR 5 - LEARNING @ HOME
Every day you can...
- Read something for pleasure.
- Write something interesting.
- Do some exercise.
- Have a conversation with someone.
Remember you can also...
- Log into Bug Club. You can use it on a phone, tablet or computer. Continue to work through all the books for you. Don't forget to write what you have been reading in your exercise book.
- Read with somebody at home, these could be books, instructions, recipes, comics or First News and discuss your thoughts.
- Log into Timestables Rockstars and practise your timestables and division facts. By the end of Year 4, you should know all your timestables up to 12x12.
- Log into MyMaths and complete the tasks you have been set.
- Access lessons on White Rose Maths.
- Click here to access a list of spellings that you could spend some time learning.
- Access learning from any year group should you feel this is appropriate to meet your child's needs.
Are you feeling worried about something?
With everything that is happening at the moment, it is perfectly normal to be worried. If there are things which are making you feel sad, angry or upset then there are people you can talk to and some wonderful resources to help you.
Our Worry Box has now been closed for the Summer Holidays but we have compiled some links and techniques to help you cope with any emotions you are struggling with.
Feel free to have a go at these online safety tasks - they will be updated weekly.
Coding fun! Enjoy coding using scratch online. You can access the website here.
Week beginning 13th July 2020
This week we have an art project for you to do that is all about animals. You can find the art project here. We would like you to share your work on twitter for us to see and save your art work to create an animal themed display when we return to school in September.
Look out for videos from Year 5 teachers this week to give you some more details!
Feel free to have a go at more activities this week - you can find a digital copy of the previous projects in the "Previous projects" folder at the bottom of this page.
We also have an exciting project all about transition into Year 6 which you can find here.
Look out for a video from Year 5 teachers this week with some more details.
We have loved seeing your project work being shared on twitter using @GreenwaysPri and #LIHTlearningchallenge
Tasks linked to Year 5 curriculum
Area and Perimeter
Each square of paper was originally the same size.
Remember to show your working!
This week's spelling words end in the suffix -tious.
Which of these words can you use in a sentence?
You could also play the free games at this link.
You could try to use all of this week's spelling words when finishing a Pobble story starter!
Previous project-based learning tasks
To access a folder containing all of the previous project-based learning tasks
These projects are designed to take around 5 days!